#WonderWomanWednesday: Maryland’s Helpful Corn and Cosmic

March 29, 2017

Inspired by National Girls and Women in Sports day, this profile is part of a series highlighting local women’s college ultimate teams. The University of Maryland Helpful Corn has a long tradition of excellence. Along with their B-team, Cosmic, UMD is a steady figure in the DMV ultimate community. Here, player Jaime Capron gives us an insight into the two teams.

Read More >>

#WonderWomanWednesday: JMU BMonks

March 8, 2017

Inspired by National Girls and Women in Sports day, this profile is part of a series highlighting local women’s college ultimate teams. The BMonks, or Betchmonkeys, are a bunch of fun-loving athletes who enjoy some competitive ultimate. Comprised of an eclectic group of women, this team attracts people from all walks of life and connects them with a common love for frisbee.

Read More >>

Breeze Announce Renewed Partnership with Big Board

March 7, 2017

The DC Breeze and The Big Board restaurant are excited to announce their partnership extension for the 2017 professional ultimate season. This marks the third consecutive year that Big Board will be the official post-game party destination of the Breeze, and the Big Board logo will once again be found on the back of every printed ticket this season.

Read More >>

Ultimate At All Ages: Teaching Numbers with “Fast Count!”

March 2, 2017

Long time Breeze supporter and season ticket holder Michael Hechter recently published “Fast Count!”, an illustrated board book that teaches toddlers how to count. Here’s his story of how the book came to be. Once Upon A Time, In the fall of 2014 I became a first-time father. Isaac, now 2 years old, is the offspring of two ultimate-playing parents who met while playing ultimate. My wife Rachel and I…

Read More >>