Historic Gallaudet University…
- Is a beautiful, small university founded in DC in 1864
- Is in the heart of one of the most happening new areas of DC
- Is about 1/3 mile from the NOMA/Gallaudet Metro station
- Has ample free parking on campus next to the stadium
The DC Breeze are thrilled to call Hotchkiss Field and Gallaudet University our home venue for our 2nd season in 2016! Also home to the Gallaudet Bison, Hotchkiss Field is a beautiful turf field surrounded by a historic, scenic campus located in the heart of Washington, D.C.
** No Pets Please, by order of Gallaudet University **
The Gallaudet campus is less than a mile from Union Station and the NoMa Gallaudet Red Line Metro stations, in the Near Northeast area of D.C. just West of the Trinidad neighborhood. The surrounding area is experiencing extensive growth and new investment, particularly in NoMa and the Atlas District (also known as the H Street Corridor). The Breeze are excited to continue our partnership with Gallaudet University for the 2016 season.
The Gallaudet University Mission Statement
Gallaudet University, federally chartered in 1864, is a bilingual, diverse, multicultural institution of higher education that ensures the intellectual and professional advancement of deaf and hard of hearing individuals through American Sign Language and English. Gallaudet maintains a proud tradition of research and scholarly activity and prepares its graduates for career opportunities in a highly competitive, technological, and rapidly changing world.
Gallaudet University is located at 800 Florida Avenue, NE, Washington, D.C. 20002-3695
Download the campus map (PDF)
How to get here…
Driving: Free parking is available next to the stadium on game days…
- Enter campus at the main entrance, 8th & Florida Ave NE
- Turn right as you pass the guard gate
- Follow the road around to the left
- Turn right into the parking lot just before the large Bison statue
- Find a spot on that level, or circle down below at the far end of the lot.
- To get to the field, walk back out the way you came in, and turn right at the large Bison statue.
Metro: NOMA-Gallaudet Station, Red Line — 1/3 Mile to campus, 1/2 Mile to field
- Exit NOMA-Gallaudet Metro to the South, M St.
- Turn left on M St. and walk to Florida Ave.
- Turn right on Florida Ave. and walk to 8th St.
- Cross the street into campus
- Turn right past the guard gate, follow the road as it curves left
- Pass the big Bison statue, arrive at venue.
Use Google Maps to get driving directions to campus