One lucky fan at each Breeze home game this season will get a chance to throw a disc 50 yards and win $5000! It’s pretty simple: we’ll pick a fan at random, they’ll throw at a mannequin 5 yards away to win a t-shirt, and then they can choose to throw at another one 25 yards away for a Breeze fan pack or 50 yards away for $5000. Hit a mannequin from 50 yards and win $5000! Yep, pretty simple.
Here’s the fine print…
Description, rules and eligibility for the #5kToss at 2017 DC Breeze Home Games
at Hotchkiss Field, Historic Gallaudet University
- Contest Description – #5kToss
- Frisbee Target Toss: Contestant must successfully throw and hit a target on the fly with an official Discraft UltraStar Ultimate Disc (Frisbee), which will be provided by the Breeze.
- 1st Throw: The Frisbee must hit the target from a minimum distance of five (5) yards. If successful, the contestant will receive a Free DC Breeze T-Shirt.
- 2nd Throw: At that point the contestant has the option to do one of the following:
- Try to hit a target at a minimum distance of twenty-five (25) yards and win a DC Breeze Prize Pack: T-Shirt, Papa John’s Pizza Coupon, and 2 Free Tickets to a future 2017 DC Breeze home game. Or….
- Try to hit a target at a minimum distance of fifty (50) yards & win $5,000!
- The contestant will get only one attempt for each of the two throws described above.
- Foot fault — any part of your body touching the ground on or past the demarcation line — will disqualify the attempt.
- On the fly — if the the disc touches the ground or any other object between leaving the contestant’s hand and hitting the target, that will disqualify the attempt. The disc must hit the object “On the fly.”
- For each of the two throws described above, the contestant will not be allowed to make another attempt if the first attempt is disqualified.
- The Frisbee cannot be altered in any way prior to the throw.
- The contestant for the #5kToss will be randomly selected from those in attendance at each 2017 DC Breeze home game.
- The contestant must be 18 years or older to play.
- Current or former professional or semi-professional ULTIMATE players or coaches are not eligible. However, current or former recreational, high school or collegiate ULTIMATE players ARE eligible.
- All attempts may be recorded on video and photographed, and may be used for future marketing purposes on behalf of the DC Breeze and/or AUDL.
- By participating in this contest, you consent to the full use of your image or likeness related to the entire event for marketing and all other purposes.
- Waiver of Liability
- With your participation you acknowledge that you are voluntarily choosing to participate in the 2017 DC Breeze #5kToss contest, and are solely responsible for any injuries that you may cause to yourself or others.
For more information please contact: James D. Gaston, III, firstname.lastname@example.org — (202) 810-3134