The Rivalry Renewed, 2017. “DC vs NY” sounds great in many contexts, sport and otherwise, and ultimate is no exception. We hope you can make it out to Historic Gallaudet University May 6 at 6:30pm to see the 2017 edition of this already great rivalry between two teams already tied at the top of the East Division standings early in the 2017 season.
The Breeze faced New York four times last year, winning 3 of them by only 1 goal including two in double overtime before winning the divisional playoff game with a slightly more comfortable margin, 24-20. Yes, it’s a good rivalry. And we can’t wait to get it started in again as we face them Saturday in the first of at least three matchups this season.
PRO ULTIMATE FRISBEE
DC Breeze vs New York Empire
– Game time 6:30pm
– Tickets $10 advance (until noon Saturday); $14.00 at the gate
– All Fans 12 & Under are admitted free of charge!
– Gates open 5:15pm for music, concessions and youth clinic (5pm clinic)
– DJ Sluss Ness (below) will be playing tunes starting at 5:15pm (no band this game)
– $5 pints of Port City craft beer
– Papa John’s Pizza
– $5 Meal Deals
– < 1/2 mile from NOMA/Gallaudet Metro (Exit M St, go left on M)
– Ample free parking available on campus next to venue
– No Pets Please, by order of Gallaudet University
Sign up in advance via our ticket site for our free American Ultimate Academy youth clinic and get a free youth game ticket (6-17 years of age, limited availability).
DJ SLUSS NESS
Alex Slusser, aka Sluss Ness Monstar , has been on the dance music scene since 2012 performing at DC’s hottest nightclubs including Eden and Café Asia, and he also headlines some of the biggest house parties in Arlington. He plays whatever keeps the crowd on their feet.http://www.slussness.com/
The National Center for Children and Families (NCCF) is a 100-year-old nonprofit that works to support the DC Metropolitan region’s most vulnerable families. Nationally accredited, NCCF propels 38,000+ children, youth, and families annually into an improved quality of life through 25 local programs: emergency shelters and transitional housing, therapeutic residential care, foster care and adoption, teen parent services, and community-based prevention services, while relying on community education and training, volunteerism, and advocacy.
The Rivalry: Breeze vs New York
New York leads the lifetime series 8-6, but were 0-4 against the Breeze in 2016.
- 2013: Breeze 0-3 vs NY
- 2014: Breeze 2-2 vs NY
- 2015: Breeze 0-3 vs NY
- 2016: Breeze 4-0 vs NY (3 games won by 1 point)
- 2017: ???
Highlights from DC vs NY, 2016 Edition