WAFC is now accepting applications for our Youth Club Championships (YCC) teams’ Head Coach position for 2018.
WAFC hopes to send 5 teams to the Youth Club Championships, hosted in Blaine, Minnesota in August 2018:
- U20 Girls
- U20 Boys
- U20 Mixed
- U17 Girls (tentative)
- U17 Boys
Head Coaches facilitates the competition aspects of WAFC’s youth club team(s), including player recruitment, implementation of tryouts and practices, competition management and strategy, and chaperoning tournament travel. Head Coaches will recruit and manage their own assistant, with approval/input from WAFC youth coordinators. In conjunction with WAFC staff, Head Coaches will recruit and coordinate parent volunteers to assist with administrative, logistics and fundraising tasks. Coaches will be representatives of WAFC at all times during their tenure, especially in relation to social media, on-field activity at WAFC events, and correspondence with players, parents, and WAFC volunteers. Coaches will report to the Executive Director and designated youth coordinators.
- Prior coaching experience.
- USAU Level 1 Coaching Certification (this can be obtained after hiring, but must be done prior to the tournament).
- YULA is hosting a CDP Level 1 workshop on Feb 4, 2018.
- Sign & Adhere to a WAFC Coaching Code of Conduct agreement
- Pass a background check (paid for by WAFC)
- 2018 Head Coach stipend = $500
- Travel expenses to YCC Tournament paid for by WAFC
- Daily per diem for food/sundries while traveling at national tournament.