The door is open for our 2017-2018 interns and volunteers!
See below, and email us at email@example.com
Interns: Minimum 10-20 hours/week through the 2017-2018 school year and the 2018 Breeze season. These are advanced level roles with a serious commitment to the team.
- Partnership/Sponsorship Sales and Support (1-2 persons)
- Group Sales and Support (1-2 persons)
- Team Operations and Preseason Prep (1-2 persons)
- GameDay Operations Management (1 person)
Assistants: Minimum 3 hours/week through the 2017-2018 school year and the 2018 Breeze season. Both advanced level and task-oriented roles are available.
- Editorial/Writing (web-based articles)
- Art Design (for merchandise, banners, marketing materials)
- Action Photography/Videography (for Breeze games, tryouts, clinics, etc.)
- Support Photography (for offseason events, sponsor representation, fan experience, etc.)
- Photo Editing & Management
- Video Editing & Management
- Social Media
- Youth Clinic Support
- Community Outreach
Volunteers: Preseason and/or GameDay (7-8 home games during April to August 2018). These are event-based roles with no ongoing commitment required.
- Preseason Assembly (season ticket bundles, game spirit bags, etc.)
- Preseason Event and/or GameDay Photography
- GameDay Venue Setup / Tear Down
- GameDay Ticket / Concession Sales
- GameDay Crowd Entertainment
- GameDay A/V Support
- GameDay Security
Compensation: Volunteers are unpaid, but get free entrance and a meal at home games. Interns and assistants are also unpaid, but get additional perks, such as Breeze gear, great pro sports management/marketing/operations/etc. experience (including future career references), and get-togethers with Breeze staff & players. All team helpers get the immense gratitude of those same staff and players for helping make the Breeze a viable and increasingly successful organization!
Time commitment: Based on role as described above. We do not want anyone to commit to more than they can maintain, while remaining happy and keeping up with their other life commitments.
Work Location: Impacted by the role you take. Most positions can be performed wherever you like, except of course specific events and GameDay activities. Some roles (particularly the intern level) will necessitate occasional meetings in Washington, DC or nearby VA.
Background: The DC Breeze is a professional ultimate frisbee team representing the DC metro area in the American Ultimate Disc League (AUDL). The league started in 2012 and has expanded across the U.S. and Canada to 24 teams in 2017. The DC Breeze season runs from April to August each year, and includes home and away games against teams such as Philadelphia, New York, Toronto, Montreal, and others. Home games take place in Washington, DC. The league is majority owned by Rob Lloyd, CEO of Hyperloop One, a brainchild of Tesla Motors’ Elon Musk. The DC Breeze is majority-owned by Don Grage, a long-time DC metro area business and IT professional. Mr. Grage also serves on the AUDL Executive Council, and is an alumnus of the Georgetown McDonough MBA Program.
Info and Video Highlights:
For consideration, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in the DC Breeze!